Friday, January 11, 2019

OH TWOODLES!! HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY EMILIA!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!


I cannot believe that my little tiny 6lb baby girl is already two!  Where has the time gone... like really!

Emilia: It feels like only yesterday I was anxiously awaiting your arrival; folding and re folding tiny sleepers and blankets wondering who exactly you were and counting the seconds until I would get to hold you in my arms.   I remember the first moment I held you and looked into your beautiful face - you changed my life forever!  I will never forget the way you smelled, the way that you would hold my finger so tight and of course the first time you smiled at me.  You are amazing, you have always been amazing, you will always be my Amazing Emilia! 

This post is all about taking a little behind the scenes look at Emilia's 2nd Birthday!  When it comes to planning a party I am all about committing to a theme and trying to make it as unique and special as possible... and this one was no exception!


When I first started thinking about what to do for Em's birthday I had my heart set on a Sesame Street (Elmo) theme... because for a lonnnnggg time Elmo was king around here!  However, in the last few months poor Elmo has been replaced by a new King and Queen... Mickey and Minnie!!  So... it seemed only fitting to change gears and go with a Minnie theme to really try and put the biggest smile on Em's face!  It was so much fun to plan and put together everything for her... especially knowing how excited she would be to see it all!

For those of you who don't know, I am somewhat of a craft/hobbyist and I love to DIY as much as I can!  This year I had most of the food catered including the cake and pops, so that I would be able to focus on the little decor details that really make a difference!  Take a look at Em's dreamy cake and cake pops, made by the incredible Laura of Fine Sweets!  They were everything I could have hoped for and fit the theme perfectly! They were my inspiration for the entire sweet table and I feel like they totally stole the show!



It was such a perfect day with all of our favourite people here to celebrate our princess!  Emilia loved all the attention and of course the cake!  And lets not forget our very special visitor - Minnie Mouse!  Emilia was so surprised when she answered the door to find Minnie waiting for her... it was completely worth the hours of searching for the perfect costume (I will link the place I rented it from below!)


Overall I feel like her birthday was an absolute success and everyone seemed to have an amazing time celebrating with her!  Here we go TWOs... I know you are going to be a wild ride!


xoxo

Nichole M


If you guys are interested in knowing where I got or how I made anything please leave me a comment and I will post a video or link for you asap!

Minnie Costume - The Party Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM A MOTHER | LETS GET SERIOUS FOR A MINUTE | 3 UNDR 3

I have been thinking about this for quite some time... unsure of whether or not to step out of the shadows and risk being burned on the cro...